What would you like to read or see more of?

The Clog

This started as a blog about living abroad for 7 months, but the reality of getting a job has me talking about other topics while in between countries. (Above photo taken on return trip from Mexico, 2008. Looks like castles in the sky.)

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

patron

luis, a 38 yr old guy i met the first day i arrived, has been like an older brother to me. he is very protective. there is a guy who, when giving me a kiss on the cheek as brazilians do to greet eachother, always goes for the lips. it really bothers me, so i wanted to vent and told luis. i asked luis not to mention it but he immediately walks over to the guy, has a brief conversation with him, and the guy apologizes on the spot. i~m not sure what he said to him but it worked!
when men come to talk to me when i~m out and about, luis is right behind me, just watching peripherally while talking to other people. i don~t know why he feels i need to be protected. maybe it~s in his nature. maybe i seem naive. whatever it is, i like it. i have never felt so protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment