What would you like to read or see more of?

The Clog

This started as a blog about living abroad for 7 months, but the reality of getting a job has me talking about other topics while in between countries. (Above photo taken on return trip from Mexico, 2008. Looks like castles in the sky.)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

back home

well, i am back here in san francisco so my time in brazil has come to a close, finally. truncated but worth it. a third party accessed my bank account and it was locked, paypal was also locked. i loaned $300 to a friend without knowing he had a cocaine addiction and he never paid me back. my house was robbed, laptop and cables and chargers for phone and camera stolen, my cat died, i was poisoned as a joke, and my friend ivo ended up being caught by the police for stolen goods and ended up splitting town never to be seen again.

i learned how to cook some brazilian food, i learned that doing nothing all day is not an easy task for me. i learned to trust no one and be skeptical with people who say they are your friends. give personal information to no one. i learned to speak portuguese, that people, both good and bad, just want to be loved.

brazil was not what i had hoped... but that is the adventure.

tchau until the next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment