What would you like to read or see more of?

The Clog

This started as a blog about living abroad for 7 months, but the reality of getting a job has me talking about other topics while in between countries. (Above photo taken on return trip from Mexico, 2008. Looks like castles in the sky.)

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Digs

I am here in Costa Rica on the lake of Arenal on the Northwest coast.
I am living in a house that belongs to an American woman who is going back to Dallas for a few months. All my living expenses are paid. The dream is to live and work and travel indefinitely. Indefinitely.

I am not near the ocean really. It's 2.5 hours away by car. I plan to leave my things at the house and travel in late October so as not to overstay my allotted time here (90 days). I don't have a visa so I will only be able to stay in the country for 90 days. From there, I will have to cross another country for 24 hours to renew my stay here.

Life is beautiful. There are birds, howler monkeys, poisonous snakes and frogs, a lake to fish on (no matter how much I fail, I will try, try again). I live with 6 dogs who protect me and my landlady ave me 2 machetes so I can attack anyone who tries to enter the house (Seriously).

1 comment:

  1. I am Tasmania from VT. I really enjoyed reading your blog because I also had the opportunity to house sit in CR and absolutely love the place. I can so relate to the things you are experiencing.The dogs, the frogs the orchids and the butterflies. The thing I loved most was that everyday was a totally new experience, whether it was finding a hummingbirds nest while picking flowers for the house or using my trusty dictionary to try and convince the plumber to work on the hot water...guess what the first words of Spanish I learned were?

    ReplyDelete