What would you like to read or see more of?

The Clog

This started as a blog about living abroad for 7 months, but the reality of getting a job has me talking about other topics while in between countries. (Above photo taken on return trip from Mexico, 2008. Looks like castles in the sky.)

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's 5 a.m.

I'm awake because the dogs like to bark at random animals and things on the road. It's good that they pay attention because they protect the property but my sleeping schedule is rearranged, along with being in total seclusion.

I turn the hot water fuse to "on" and hope for a hot shower a few hours from now. I can hear the hens calling for the sunrise and I check all the dog bowls for food and water. Later, I'll go out and check on the chicken eggs. Life here is simple. The sun rises, the sun sets. I speak to no one, I learn more Spanish from TV, I bask in my own thoughts and the sun. I cook fresh food, I bathe the dogs, I pull weeds and water the plants. Is there anything to blog about?

No comments:

Post a Comment