What would you like to read or see more of?

The Clog

This started as a blog about living abroad for 7 months, but the reality of getting a job has me talking about other topics while in between countries. (Above photo taken on return trip from Mexico, 2008. Looks like castles in the sky.)

Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Last night, I went skinny dipping with Philip, my new love! The ocean was not cold.... it was perfect under the big bright moon and stars! I am currently house sitting on the beach and wake up to waves crashing ten feet away every day. Philip lives down the street, so it's a perfect set up. I will be at this house until December, and I'm still working at the salon a few days a week. We just bought my friend's 1962 Vanderstadt sailboat. She sailed it here from France, and it's a fixer-upper but it's a yacht and once it's fixed up with new gear, (even though it can sail now) it will be our way to eventually sail to Brazil, where we plan to make our seasonal second home. Phil is learning how to sail by being first mate on a charter boat here. Then, he'll teach me everything he knows and we can sail together!
With my job, I meet people from all walks of life. In Vieques, there are a lot of New Yorkers and people from Boston and Maine and Minnesota. I guess they don't like their winters :) so they are seasonal home owners. I have been working on my art at Phil's house because he has a lot of space. I hung some at his house and some at the salon. We are planning to have many art shows and to entertain people, rent the house and use those funds for daily living, along with the work we both do on the side. I can say my life is going really well right now and I am grateful for every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment