What would you like to read or see more of?

The Clog

This started as a blog about living abroad for 7 months, but the reality of getting a job has me talking about other topics while in between countries. (Above photo taken on return trip from Mexico, 2008. Looks like castles in the sky.)

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

finally!! photos!!!






traveling is more important to me than teaching english, so i have decided to buy a ticket through bolivia and to peru. the woman who wants english lessons is taking her time. she postponed our lessons, again, because she had a chemical peel treatment. this behavior is irritating, so i~m leaving for maccu picchu!!!

juju and ivo are continuing their love affair (did i already mention they were trying each other out?) and both are talking in each of my ears. i have gotten past the awkward "friend dating the brother" feeling and now just sit back and watch it all unfold. it~s drama. one day, he says he doesn~t want to be with her unless she wants a relationship, the next, he is spending the night at our house.

on a lighter note, i took a cute photo of lucy~s dog sniffing a cow nose to nose. we are still waiting loyally for the whales to show, and praying for warmer days. a few days ago, we had the coldest day of the year. i could see my breath in the house, and we don~t have a fireplace. a heater is unheard of, so we all snuggle up in blankets and lots of clothes. the shower water is heated electronically, so if we take longer than ten minutes, the lights go out. these are some of my challenges. i believe my challenges are internal and that everything i deal with can be a lesson of patience, so these challenges will manifest as simply events. the valuable lessons brazil has taught me is to be grateful. when i have to turn off the hto shower at ten minutes, i no longer think "damn, i don~t want to get out". i think, "i~m so glad we have hot water". when a stinky stray dog follows me home, i don~t tell him to get lost. i am grateful i have a dog to protect me in the dark on my way home.

i have added some photos. finally, my memory card fits into lucy~s camera and i have found a computer to recognize those files!

the first photo is ivo. this is where we layed out while we lived together.
the next is jujubee and lucy
then there~s a photo of me doing dishes, which jujubee thought was pretty exciting to document.
the next is a night of making fish with a friend, buddy
the last is me spanking our friend tod.

No comments:

Post a Comment