What would you like to read or see more of?

The Clog

This started as a blog about living abroad for 7 months, but the reality of getting a job has me talking about other topics while in between countries. (Above photo taken on return trip from Mexico, 2008. Looks like castles in the sky.)

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2009

new housing

i have secured a house with jujubee and lucy. it is a two bedroom in the valley of praia do rosa, so it is safe and located a short walk from the center of the village. yeah, it only has two rooms, but i plan to travel around a bit since they are willing to watch my cat. i would just pay my portion of the rent and take off.

the owner of the pousada (hotel/bed and breakfast) where i will be teaching english had postponed my start date, but confirmed with me yesterday that she wants to start our lessons in a week. so having an income will enable me to travel. although i didn~t come to brazil to work, i do enjoy being usefull and doing something with my knowledge and time.

i have discovered my migranes are not related to cachaça, as i have given it up and am still experiencing pain. i believe it is from the fumes of the gasoline ivo has stored below the living room. i will be moving into our new house today, so hopefully the migranes will subside.

i have become an expert on mud. it has been raining here non-stop and i can~t lock myself in the house, so i brave the roads. this thick red mud is the kind your shoes sink into. there~s dry mud, sandy mud, wet soggy mud which is the worst kind, then the thin mud that tricks you into thinking it~s safe but is actually a slick surface on the stones that make up the road. it~s a delicate skill to have, walking here when it rains.

i finally met my old landlord. he teaches english in sao paulo but is staying in rosa for some time at my old house. he is very polite, handsome, modest, intelligent and kind. i think i~ll show him some fun with my friends and i before he leaves again for sao paulo. he is trying to sell his house and if he does, he won~t return to sao paulo but instead, travel around south america.

missing and loving all of you,
beijos (kisses) from brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment