What would you like to read or see more of?

The Clog

This started as a blog about living abroad for 7 months, but the reality of getting a job has me talking about other topics while in between countries. (Above photo taken on return trip from Mexico, 2008. Looks like castles in the sky.)

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When You Are Engulfed In Flames


I have been wanting to read this book ever since I saw the cover, which is a photo of one of my favorite Van Gogh paintings I saw at the Norton Simon museum in Pasadena. Having heard nothing of David Sedaris, I was interested.

A client was holding it, and I asked him if it was any good. He says "it's okay". So I postponed reading it. I don't usually read for entertainment. I have a playground of my own, so I rarely play in the sandbox of another. I read to learn, and somehow that makes me feel superior.

I wanted to pass some time at work, being slow and all, so I borrowed this book from my friend and I cannot stop turning the pages (except to give it a shout out on my blog). It's hilarious and makes me bark out in laughter. It reminds me of my own cynical sense of humor, the humor that comes from a fixed observation of human behavior. Truth is funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment